Where is the CNN 10 Host Now?
Carl Azuz is a well-known personality in the media industry, especially among students and teachers who watch his show CNN 10. He is known for his witty puns, engaging delivery, and informative reporting on current events. But where is Carl Azuz now and what is he doing? In this article, we will explore his life, career, and future plans.
I. Who is Carl Azuz?
Carl Azuz was born on August 14, 1989, in Atlanta, Georgia. He graduated from the University of Georgia with a bachelor’s degree in telecommunications arts production. He joined CNN as a writer and producer in 2008 and worked on various shows such as CNN Newsroom and CNN Student News. He also became a regular contributor to the CNN Newsroom blog.
II. Carl Azuz’s Career at CNN
In 2013, Carl Azuz became the host of CNN Student News, a 10-minute news show that covers global events for middle and high school students. The show was later renamed CNN 10 in 2017. Carl Azuz’s style of hosting was popular among his viewers, as he often used humor, puns, and analogies to explain complex topics. He also interacted with his audience through social media and answered their questions on air.
Some of the notable moments of his career at CNN include covering the 2012 U.S. presidential election, the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, the 2016 U.S. presidential election, the 2017 solar eclipse, and the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. He also interviewed celebrities such as Bill Gates, Taylor Swift, and LeBron James.
III. What Happened to Carl Azuz?
Carl Azuz has been absent from CNN 10 since December 2020. His last episode aired on December 18, 2020, where he wished his viewers happy holidays and said he would be back in January 2021. However, he did not return as expected and his show has been hosted by various guest anchors since then.
There has been no official explanation from CNN or Carl Azuz himself about why he has been missing from the show. However, there have been many rumors and speculations among his fans and online communities. Some of the theories include:
- He contracted COVID-19 and has been recovering from it.
- He left CNN to pursue other career opportunities or personal projects.
- He got married or had a baby and has been spending time with his family.
- He is working on a secret project or a new show for CNN or another network.
- He is taking a break from the media industry due to stress or burnout.
None of these theories have been confirmed or denied by Carl Azuz or CNN so far.
IV. Carl Azuz’s Future Plans
While Carl Azuz has not made any public statements about his future plans, there have been some hints and clues that suggest he may be working on something new. For example:
- In February 2021, he posted a photo on his Instagram account with the caption “Workin’ on something new…”. The photo showed him wearing headphones and holding a microphone in front of a computer screen.
- In March 2021, he posted another photo on his Instagram account with the caption “Still workin’…”. The photo showed him sitting at a desk with a laptop and a microphone.
- In April 2021, he posted a video on his Instagram account with the caption “Coming soon…”. The video showed him walking into a studio with a camera crew and saying “Hey guys, it’s Carl”.
These posts have sparked curiosity and excitement among his fans who are eager to know what he is working on and when he will reveal it.
V. Legacy and Impact
Carl Azuz has had a significant impact on the media industry and his viewers over the years. He has been praised for his ability to make news accessible and interesting for young audiences without compromising on accuracy or quality. He has also been recognized for his positive attitude, charisma, and professionalism.
Some of the awards and honors he has received include:
- The Peabody Award for Excellence in Broadcasting in 2014 for his coverage of the Syrian refugee crisis.
- The National Educational Telecommunications Association Award for Best Instructional Media in 2015 for CNN Student News.
- The Cablefax Award for Best Host in a News or Information Program in 2016 for CNN Student News.
- The Cablefax Award for Best Educational Program in 2017 for CNN 10.
Carl Azuz has also inspired many students and teachers who have watched his show and learned from him. He has received thousands of letters, emails, tweets, and comments from his fans who have expressed their gratitude, admiration, and support for him.